Table of Contents
Migrating to GA4: What you need to know
Are you migrating to GA4? It is no trivial task getting ready to switch from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4. It’s not enough to rely on either the Upgrade Assistant or reworking the tracking code. The migration process is a project that requires significant time and effort, and typically takes months to complete.
What’s more, the announcement of UA’s 2023 sunset created several additional challenges marketing experts and data analysts must overcome:
- Tight migration deadline
- Possible loss of data due to deletion of Properties
- Lack of familiar UA features in GA4
However, tackling the switch from UA to GA4 becomes easier with expert guidance. With the right advisors and careful preparation beforehand, you’ll be ready to confidently start moving and managing your data – with a full year of GA4 experience under your belt prior to July 1, 2023.
New video: From UA to GA4
For an overview of the migration phases and best practices to apply when migrating to GA4, check out e-CENS’ Holger Tempel’s new video in our series exploring the differences between Google’s analytics platforms:
Catch up with the previous videos in our series
UA vs. GA4: The Definitive eBook
Get the most out of GA4 – and then some.
Are you dreading the imminent discontinuation of Universal Analytics? Want to learn the benefits of Google Analytics 4?
Our comprehensive “Universal Analytics vs. Google Analytics 4” eBook will help you weigh the pros and cons of each software and provide you with a clear road map to transition to GA4 with ease.
Learn more about Universal Analytics vs. GA4
- Universal Analytics vs. Google Analytics 4 | eBook
- Universal Analytics 360 Sunset Pushed to 2024 – What You Need to Know
- How is GA4 different from Universal Analytics?
- Google Analytics 4 vs Universal Analytics – the Big Switch
- Universal Analytics vs. Google Analytics 4: User Metrics
- Universal Analytics vs Google Analytics 4: Account Structure
- UA vs. GA4: What GA4’s Engagement Rate is Telling You
- UA vs. GA4: Campaign Tracking
- UA vs. GA4: Report Landscape