Google Analytics 101 (GA101)
About this course:
This kickstarter course has been designed for beginners who are new to Google Analytics and focuses on the usage of the Google Analytics platform and essential theory. It is also suitable for people who need a recap on the basic reports and tools used in Google Analytics.
Session 1: Google Analytics Fundamentals
- What is measurement?
- Why is measurement important?
- Metrics and Dimensions
- Overview of GA account structure and setup
- User Management
- Reporting features
- Foundational concepts and terms:
- Dimensions & metrics
- Scoping : Users, sessions and hits
- Measurement Planning:
- Website objectives, micro and macro conversions, creating a measurement plan.
Session 2: Using Google Analytics Reports & Measuring Success
- Google Analytics Reports:
- Acquisition reports
- Behavior reports
- Audience reports
- Conversion reports
- Real-time reports
- Segments, campaign measurement
- Measuring Success:
- Goal and Funnels Set-up
- Conversion Reporting
- Introduction to E-commerce reporting
- Custom reports and functions
You will learn how Google Analytics works, what users, sessions and other terms mean, how to navigate around the tool to find what you need. You will also learn what reports should be used, how to make sure digital marketing campaigns are tracked properly, what is attribution modelling and how you can turn this into your advantage.